Application Support Engineer Digital Factory
- Auburn Hills
At CENIT, we are always challenging ourselves to develop and provide leading edge technology in Manufacturing Simulation. Find out more about our Digital Factory Software Solutions here: www.fastsuite.com
The Application Support Engineer is responsible for the technical success of customers in their use of our Simulation Platform for Layout Planning, Offline Programming and the Virtual Commissioning of Manufacturing Automation work cells. Working closely with customers to understand their manufacturing processes and goals, the Application Support Engineer proposes solutions and best practices to help the customer meet or exceed their goals and improve their manufacturing processes. The Application Support Engineer also works closely with Cenit’s sales organization to discover additional opportunities to grow Cenit software usage within accounts.
- Conduct technical discussions with customers, analyze production methods and manufacturing processes and identify opportunities for manufacturing simulation software usage
- Perform benchmark simulations and test cases, identify problems in existing processes at clients, define best practices and workflow using Cenit’s simulation platform
- Conduct classroom training and onsite software implementations including hands-on support
- Collaborate with Cenit’s software development team to provide input on future product direction and communicate and demonstrate new software capabilities to customers
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or related field
- Job Experience in automotive and aerospace manufacturing automation or sheet metal fabricating is a plus
- Working knowledge in a 3D CAD system and Offline Programming Software for Robotics and multi-axis Machine Tools (Process Simulate, DELMIA, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and MS Office applications
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with customers
- Ability and willingness to travel for short term assignments at customers
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States. The position will be subject to US export control requirements under EAR and ITAR
With global headquarters in Germany and recipient of two consecutive Cool Places to Work Awards, CENIT North America is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan. CENIT is one of the leading consultancy and software companies for factory automation with its partners in Manufacturing Automation and System Integration.
Cenit North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Post this application
Even in the current Corona situation, we continue to hire. Your health and safety is important to us.
CENIT North America Inc.
691 N. Squirrel Road, Suite 275,
Auburn Hills, Michigan 48326
70565 Stuttgart, Germany